POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : *.hdr fileformat : Re: *.hdr fileformat Server Time
1 Jun 2024 09:35:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: *.hdr fileformat
From: Roman Reiner
Date: 14 Nov 2005 12:50:01
Message: <web.4378cd99ae72f23a8fcd2bfe0@news.povray.org>

> The hdr format specification can be found in:
>
> http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/refer/filefmts.pdf
>
> a reference implementation on:
>
> http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/refer/Notes/picture_format.html
>
> Christoph

Allthough I couldn't find what i was looking for in those files it pushed me
into the right direction and i finally could find the information elsewhere
on that page. Thanks for that!
Now let's see how good my java-skills are to get this thing to work ;-)
I'll come up with some other image-examples when there are the first
results.

In reference to the other questions on the issue where those halos come from
i have to say that i actually haven't thought very much of that yet. as i
wrote above i'm just trying to simulate an effect that just looks cool and
even more realistic IMHO ;-)

Greetings Roman