POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : *.hdr fileformat : Re: *.hdr fileformat Server Time
14 Jun 2024 17:35:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: *.hdr fileformat
From: Roman Reiner
Date: 15 Nov 2005 13:20:01
Message: <web.437a250fae72f23af135b0b50@news.povray.org>
> No, there is exactly one compression scheme used by MegaPOV for writing
> HDR files.  It can also read a different older compression though.

Yes, I meant RLE-compression in general isn't uniform. But MegaPOV's one is.

> The file format docs also say the algorithm is described in detail in
> Chapter II.8 of Graphics Gems II.  I doubt however this will be of much
> help if translating a few lines of C code into Java is impossible for you.

Well it's not impossible for me of course (would you stop making fun of me
;-)) but I hoped it would not be necessary and this whole thing gets bigger
than I
expected it to be at first. I didn't expect it would be that difficult just
to load the data stored in those hdr-files into an array which I can *then*
use to start what I was actually planning to program :-)
And when the only possible solution for this problem would be to order an
$77.95 book from the other side of the world then I'd rather surrender ;-)

Thanks allot for your help anyway. I'll see what those c-files finally have
for me. Java and C aren't that far away from each other aren't they :-)

Greetings Roman