POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire frame? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:44:53 EDT (-0400)
  Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire frame? (Message 1 to 10 of 78)
From: normdoering
Subject: Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire frame?
Date: 31 Oct 2002 13:30:04
Message: <web.3dc175b4282cec51d2ac4d730@news.povray.org>
When you get in close to an isosurface (at least one that's had an image map
/ picture impressed on it) you can see that it looks like a wireframe. Is
there a way to use POV-ray to write out that information as a mesh, or mesh
2?

You could then use POV-ray to do more complex wireframe/mesh modeling.

It would be a big help for those who want to animate isosurfaces.

normdoering

Post a reply to this message

normdoering <nor### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> When you get in close to an isosurface (at least one that's had an image map
> / picture impressed on it) you can see that it looks like a wireframe.

  If it looks like a wireframe it doesn't mean it is a wireframe. It probably
means that your accuracy is too low.

 "normdoering" <nor### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> When you get in close to an isosurface (at least one that's had an image map
> / picture impressed on it) you can see that it looks like a wireframe. Is
> there a way to use POV-ray to write out that information as a mesh, or mesh
> 2?

You are mistaken. What you see are precision errors of the intersection
solving algorithm, you probably just need to adjust your isosurface
settings.
There is no wireframe information to write out. If there were,
isosurfaces would be a lot faster.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/