POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Request for 3.5 src Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Request for 3.5 src (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Pabs
Subject: Request for 3.5 src
Date: 1 May 2000 02:36:25
Message: <390D260C.FDCC3072@hotmail.com>
When the POV-Team release the src for 3.5 could they make sure the
following message (or something to that end) is placed in parse.h just
before the token enumeration and perhaps in tokenize.c before the
Reserved_Words array

/************************************************************
If you add several keywords that use the same token value make sure that
you add
1 token for each keyword* otherwise you will get a "too many
initalisers" compile error.
*all but one of these will be unused
eg. different spellings of words - colour/color
parse.h                                               tokenize.c
COLOR_TOKEN       //unused         {COLOUR_TOKEN, "color"},
COLOUR_TOKEN                          {COLOUR_TOKEN, "colour"},

The reason being that this error can be confusing & it took me a couple
of hrs to work it out >: < duh-huh

Also for the win32 version the codemax control could use the
Reserved_Words array to do syntax highlighting for all patches of
POV-Ray automatically

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 01 May 2000 14:37:00 +0800, Pabs wrote:
>When the POV-Team release the src for 3.5 could they make sure the
>following message (or something to that end) is placed in parse.h just
>before the token enumeration and perhaps in tokenize.c before the
>Reserved_Words array

You're asking for documentation?  What are ya, nuts? :)

>Also for the win32 version the codemax control could use the
>Reserved_Words array to do syntax highlighting for all patches of
>POV-Ray automatically

I submitted a patch to do this to Chris just before I joined the POV-Team.
While it would work, we have other ideas in mind that will provide the
same benefits.