POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : qtpovray and debian Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:12:05 EDT (-0400)
  qtpovray and debian (Message 21 to 30 of 38)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 8 Messages >>>
From: jr
Subject: Re: qtpovray and debian
Date: 26 Jun 2018 17:50:00
Message: <web.5b32b3691b94875a635cc5ad0@news.povray.org>
hi,

dick balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
> It could be one executable, but that's some work.  (Two vfe/frontends,
> parse a command line, don't start the Qt loop). I can easily whip of a
> copy of the current unix povray-3.8 but built with qmake.  Plus, even if
> I don't start the gui, it's still linked to, and will load all of that
> unused Qt graphics baggage.

out of interest, without gui, what are the differences to "stock" povray?

btw, installed Qt5 but hit another snag with the qtpovray build.  apparently,
(q)make does not pick up the QT5DIR environment variable.  when make enters the
'qt/gui' directory, compilation fails with "does not name a type" error(s); it's
not using the qt5 include files (in four of the -I switches).

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

> dick balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
>> It could be one executable, but that's some work.  (Two vfe/frontends,
>> parse a command line, don't start the Qt loop). I can easily whip of a
>> copy of the current unix povray-3.8 but built with qmake.  Plus, even if
>> I don't start the gui, it's still linked to, and will load all of that
>> unused Qt graphics baggage.
>
> out of interest, without gui, what are the differences to "stock" povray?

I should be equivalent to povray-3.8.0-alpha-something. My last merge
was from the release/v3.8.0 branch on 2017-12-02.
povray on unix is built with autoconf/make/g++.
qtpovray on unix is built with qmake/make/g++.
If I did my job well, it will run exactly the same.

> btw, installed Qt5 but hit another snag with the qtpovray build.  apparently,
> (q)make does not pick up the QT5DIR environment variable.  when make enters the
> 'qt/gui' directory, compilation fails with "does not name a type" error(s); it's
> not using the qt5 include files (in four of the -I switches).

Try
$ qmake -qt=qt5 -r
or
$ export QT_SELECT=qt5
$ qmake -r

Ref:
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/116254/how-do-i-change-which-version-of-qt-is-used-for-qmake

BTW, I am running two VMs for testing right now, Ubuntu 16 and Ubuntu
18.  I've thought about spinning up a Slackware 14.1 because of you. :)

--
dik
Rendered 328976 of 330000 (99%)

Post a reply to this message