POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : qtpovray and debian : Re: qtpovray and debian Server Time
25 Apr 2024 21:28:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: qtpovray and debian
From: jr
Date: 28 Jun 2018 14:00:05
Message: <web.5b3520ea1b94875a635cc5ad0@news.povray.org>
hi,

dick balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
> Although you may be looking at the file in the editor, you haven't
> selected it for rendering. (No input file provided).
> Try right-click on the filename in the Resources view and "Select for
> Render"

will do.  how does qtpovray invoke povray?  is the name hardwired?  I have only
executables named 'povrayNN*', a symlink would be not as convenient for my
setup, the ("dead") .ini file option looks so much better.  would it be much
work to "resurrect" it?

> Weird my tutorial fails to mention this step.
> http://www.buckosoft.com/qtpovray/tutorial/
>
> I am concerned in your report that the "No input file provided" message
> did not appear in the Consoles.POV-Ray box. That's a bug.

</weak-sounding-hurrah>  :-)

> > no idea what a "PovrayInsertMenu" is, is it needed?
> Not needed, but a cool feature. It is adopted from the POV-Ray for
> Windows insert menu. Basically it is a pile of code snippets with
> preview graphics that you can insert into your SDL.
> http://www.buckosoft.com/qtpovray/insertText/

I'll look into this.  thanks.

>  > PovrayExecutable=/usr/local/bin/povray380a
> This line is dead. It is left over from the websockets edition and is
> unused.

regards ,jr.