POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : qtpovray and debian : Re: qtpovray and debian Server Time
20 Apr 2024 05:31:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: qtpovray and debian
From: dick balaska
Date: 27 Jun 2018 17:00:12
Message: <5b33fadc$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/27/2018 01:00 PM, jr wrote:
> hi,

> editor/codeeditor.cpp:112:8: error: ‘class CodeEditor’ has no member named
> ‘setTabStopDistance’
>    this->setTabStopDistance(fm.width(spaces));
>          ^

Sorry about that. I actually fixed that (debian defaults to an older
"official" version of Qt) but I didn't push the changes back to github.
https://github.com/dickbalaska/qtpovray/commit/d70eede7700cbde40cbdbd6347a4a50ef85763a2

Try it now.

Also note the repo changed names.

git clone https://github.com/dickbalaska/qtpovray.git
cd qtpovray
git checkout qtpovray
qmake
make -j4
qt/gui/qtpovray        # run the executable

 >> BTW, I am running two VMs for testing right now, Ubuntu 16 and Ubuntu
 >> 18.  I've thought about spinning up a Slackware 14.1 because of you. :)
 >
 > :-)  maybe that's a subconscious .. yearning for the old days.  ;-)

Yeah, I miss working for hours to get an integrated apache/php/ssl chain
(or postfix/dovecot/ssl).  Typing "sudo apt upgrade" is too easy.
I stuck with slackware for so long because, loyalty, and because I
wanted to be more intimate with those tools.  These days, I just want it
to work. :)

 > if you do make it 14.2 though, which most use.  apparently, 15.0 is a
 > possibility for later this year.

I thought of that. But my google says 14.2 uses qt-5.6.1 (or 5.7.1 or
5.9.5)  The main reason for the exercise would be to build with qt-4.8 .

--
dik
Rendered 328976 of 330000 (99%)