POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : [patch] Suggesting trivial patch (again) Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:48:18 EDT (-0400)
  [patch] Suggesting trivial patch (again) (Message 1 to 10 of 31)
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Subject: [patch] Suggesting trivial patch (again)
Date: 9 Feb 2003 16:08:51
Message: <3e46c362@news.povray.org>
Sorry for re-posting this on the newsgroup but I did not get
any response to it.

What about applying this trivial patch?
I think there is no need to continue the for() loop once
we set found=true.

/* NK phmap */
/* this function checks if 'object' is equal to 'parent' or is a child
 * of 'parent'
 */
static int IsObjectInCSG(OBJECT *Object, OBJECT *parent)
{
  OBJECT *Sib;
  int found;

  if (Object == parent) return true;

  found = false;
  if(parent->Type & IS_COMPOUND_OBJECT)
  {
    for (Sib = ((CSG *)parent)->Children; Sib != NULL; Sib = Sib->Sibling)
    {
      if(IsObjectInCSG(Object, Sib))
-        found = true;
+        {  found = true;  break;  }
    }
  }
  return found;
}

BTW, I would appreciate if you could establish ordinary version
numbers like everybody else does. I mean, the file povuni_s.tgz
on the FTP should be a symlink to povuni_s-3.5c.tgz or whatever.

Making available incremental paches would be helpful, too because
that makes it easier to keep a modified version around (though this
is not necessary because I can make the patch myself).

Wolfgang

Post a reply to this message

> I think there is no need to continue the for() loop once
> we set found=true.

Yes, it has been noted.  It will be included sometime in the future.

> BTW, I would appreciate if you could establish ordinary version
> numbers like everybody else does. I mean, the file povuni_s.tgz
> on the FTP should be a symlink to povuni_s-3.5c.tgz or whatever.

The updates are platform specific.  Thus there is no new version, it is
still the same version of POV-Ray.

> Making available incremental paches would be helpful, too because
> that makes it easier to keep a modified version around (though this
> is not necessary because I can make the patch myself).

Due to the cross-platform nature of POV-Ray this is not feasible as it would
have to include platform specific as well as cross-platform changes.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde