POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : [patch] Suggesting trivial patch (again) : Re: [patch] Suggesting trivial patch (again) Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:44:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [patch] Suggesting trivial patch (again)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 9 Feb 2003 17:24:27
Message: <3e46d51b@news.povray.org>
In article <3e46c362@news.povray.org> , Wolfgang Wieser <wwi### [at] gmxde>
wrote:

> What about applying this trivial patch?
> I think there is no need to continue the for() loop once
> we set found=true.

Yes, it has been noted.  It will be included sometime in the future.

> BTW, I would appreciate if you could establish ordinary version
> numbers like everybody else does. I mean, the file povuni_s.tgz
> on the FTP should be a symlink to povuni_s-3.5c.tgz or whatever.

The updates are platform specific.  Thus there is no new version, it is
still the same version of POV-Ray.

> Making available incremental paches would be helpful, too because
> that makes it easier to keep a modified version around (though this
> is not necessary because I can make the patch myself).

Due to the cross-platform nature of POV-Ray this is not feasible as it would
have to include platform specific as well as cross-platform changes.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde