POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : [patch] Suggesting trivial patch (again) : Re: [patch] Suggesting trivial patch (again) Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:53:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [patch] Suggesting trivial patch (again)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 12 Feb 2003 04:52:59
Message: <3e4a197b@news.povray.org>
In article <3e4a0f09@news.povray.org> , Thomas Willhalm
<tho### [at] uni-konstanzde>  wrote:

> Are you ignoring our point on purpose? We want _version_numbers_ in the
> _filename_. The archive for 3.5 with source code for unix is called
> povuni_s.tgz, the archive for 3.1g with source code for unix is called
> povuni_s.tgz, and the archive for 3.0 with source code for unix is called
> povuni_s.tgz. If you don't believe me, check it yourself on ftp.povray.org.

But what is the problem with that?  They are in two completely different
directories!!!  It doesn't cause any problems for the other platforms, and
didn't in the past ten years for Unix either, so why would it be a problem
for Unix archives today?  If someone does not even bother to check about the
directory they are in, well, sorry, a tiny bit of thinking is required when
downloading software.

    Thorsten