POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : [patch] Suggesting trivial patch (again) Server Time
8 Jul 2024 20:03:28 EDT (-0400)
  [patch] Suggesting trivial patch (again) (Message 22 to 31 of 31)
From: Ken
Subject: Re: [patch] Let's get real again!
Date: 13 Feb 2003 21:15:42
Message: <3E4C519C.3EECEE67@pacbell.net>
Edward Coffey wrote:

> Perhaps an updated status report...

Update: They are still squashing minor bugs in 3.5.

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

From: Edward Coffey
Date: 14 Feb 2003 02:21:21
Message: <3E4C9BF0.80708@alphalink.com.au>
Ken wrote:

> Edward Coffey wrote:
>

>>Perhaps an updated status report...
>

> Update: They are still squashing minor bugs in 3.5.

Ok, I was wrong. An update won't stop speculation.

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 14 Feb 2003 03:14:14
Message: <3e4ca556@news.povray.org>
Edward Coffey wrote:

> Given the recent conversations in this thread, and the views that you
> have made abundantly clear, could you give us an update on the following
> statement from the POV-Team Status Report, September 1, 2000:
>
>  > Second, we are also hoping to use a much more open development model
>  > for POV 4, with public read access to our source-revision tree.
>  > System analysis, design, and implementation of POV 4 will be a very
>  > large task, and this is one way we hope to speed it up.  This open
>  > development model would also hopefully provide development releases
>  > (snapshots) more quickly to the power-user community, similar to what
>  > MegaPov offers now.
>
> Perhaps an updated status report could save you some of the time you
> spend responding to speculation in this group.

Thank you Edward! This is indeed the point. Thorsten, could you please
approve, decline, or update this statement? What I understand from your
answers in this and similar threads:
- You don't want public read access to the source-revision tree.
- You don't want to discuss and make design decisions in a public forum.
- You don't think that an open development model speeds up the development.
- You don't want to release development releases (snapshots).
Since the statement can be found on
http://mac.povray.org/support/status.html
and your are listed in the POV-Team as Mac developer, this is rather
contradictive. Either your personal opinion is in conflict with the
majority of the POV-Team or the statemen is obsolete and should be removed
from official public web pages.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message