POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Intensity range of stored radiosity samples Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:51:54 EDT (-0400)
  Intensity range of stored radiosity samples (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: George Pantazopoulos
Subject: Intensity range of stored radiosity samples
Date: 9 Jan 2003 03:46:09
Message: <3e1d36d1$1@news.povray.org>
It appears that the Illuminance RGB values saved by POV-Ray when it
dumps the radiosity data to a file, are only in the [0,1] range. However, if
you had a very bright light source aimed at a wall, surely the illuminance
at points on that wall should be well above 1. In turn, this wall will be
indirectly illuminating other objects and for realism we would really need
to allow values greater than 1, since the wall is now effectively a light
source. Is this not done because of artifacts? Comments?

Regards,
George Pantazopoulos

Post a reply to this message