POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Intensity range of stored radiosity samples : Re: Intensity range of stored radiosity samples Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:47:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Intensity range of stored radiosity samples
From: George Pantazopoulos
Date: 9 Jan 2003 21:37:52
Message: <3e1e3200$1@news.povray.org>
I actually just managed to produce some Illuminance values above 1, using
the Cornell.pov scene. However, I had to up the amibient value of the light
patch from 0.78 to 100.0. The resulting render did not look good, and the
Illuminance values I got were still mostly in the [0,1] range, but there
with some in the 2-3 range, but nothing much higher. So it technically can
be done, but something still does not seem right. I'll have to do more
testing..

Thanks,
George