POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Intensity range of stored radiosity samples : Re: Intensity range of stored radiosity samples Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:08:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Intensity range of stored radiosity samples
From: George Pantazopoulos
Date: 9 Jan 2003 09:16:53
Message: <3e1d8455$1@news.povray.org>
Looking at an entry of a rad data file, the first chunk contains the
bounce depth, the next three are the point (x,y,z), followed by the packed
surface normal vector. The next three numbers are the Illuminance R,G,B (I
got this info from ot_write_block() in octree.cpp). These numbers have
always been less than 1 in all the rad data I've ever looked at (and I've
ben poring through a lot lately). Also in ra_gather(), Illuminance is of
type COLOUR, which implies a [0,1] range.

George