POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Attitude - A Suggestion for Future Discussions... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Attitude - A Suggestion for Future Discussions... (Message 14 to 23 of 23)
From: Vadim Sytnikov
Subject: Re: Attitude - A Suggestion for Future Discussions...
Date: 2 Oct 2002 11:19:09
Message: <3d9b0e6d@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

> Which compiler do you use?

On one of my machines, there is Visual Studio 6.0; on the other machine --
Visual Studio .NET. So that's Visual C++. I'm using /W2 for retail, and /W3
for debug builds, and consider that rather practical (to me, the default /W1
is way too forgiving to be used in the compilation of really large sources).
This is the compiler with which I'm doing now all that work I mentioned.

As an aside:

Long ago, I was using Intel's Proton, after it was given to me at one of
their seminars, as a part of Intel's "early access program". This one was
used in the making of POVPro.

All my attempts to compile 3.0 with Symantec C/C++ 7.2 have failed (it used
to go mad on lighting.c), and I never tried it since then.

GCC did not deliver particularly good results, although I did manage to
build 3.1 (I believe...) with it. Never used it heavily with POV-Ray.

Post a reply to this message