POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : A thought for 4.0 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  A thought for 4.0 (Message 10 to 19 of 29)
<<< Previous 9 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Christopher James Huff
Subject: Re: A thought for 4.0
Date: 19 Sep 2002 15:21:54
Message: <chrishuff-9F11E5.15201819092002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d89ffe4@news.povray.org>, Artis <art### [at] aaaapollolv>
wrote:

> I agree that POV is better off with the SDL. But what do you have against
> Python in general?

It's Python.
I mainly hate the significance of white space as syntax, lack of visible
block endings, and (in my opinion) horrible attempt at OO. That and the
rest of the language.
Python has been suggested before, read my comments in those threads. If
POV used Python, I wouldn't use POV.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/