POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Anything made perceptible Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:32:58 EDT (-0400)
  Anything made perceptible (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Fred Rathke
Subject: Anything made perceptible
Date: 26 Mar 2002 10:10:42
Message: <3ca08f72$1@news.povray.org>
This thread got moved from povray.programming
subject: "German developers group available"

Hi,

There is a little project on my mind:
I would like to write a program that is able to convert any datas to
something perceptible. Sounds/light/objects to symbols, curves,
frequenzes of light, or sounds. Any combination shall be set in a
config file or with a GUI, or HTML-form later.

I would appreciate it a lot if some of you guys would like to take
part of my brainstorming, specially if you could speak German with me,
sorry. If they understand natural science a bit (it is my hobby only)
it would be much easier for all of us. We philosophy first, I hope you
dont mind.

If there are other project or applications which tried it already I
would like to get some links about it, or even some words for my
google. Even theoretical work or articles about it could be of use.
For the first - thanks a lot to all of you.

Sincerely yours

Fred Rathke
ComRat - Communication Rational
60316 Frankfurt
Germany

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:58:52 +0100, "Fred Rathke" <com### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:
> I would like to write a program that is able to convert any datas to
> something perceptible. Sounds/light/objects to symbols, curves,
> frequenzes of light, or sounds.

It sounds too general for me. Or I don't understand this idea.

Why you are writing about it here, in POV related server. Do you plan
to write
it in SDL. Such a difficoult task should be rather done in more
efficient
language/programming tool. Or do you plan POV export ?

(btw. this is binary group, programming discuusion should be rather
placed in
povray.programming group - corrected in followup-to)

ABX

"Fred Rathke" <com### [at] hotmailcom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi,     Sorry if I should have been OT. I think I am still in the
right NG, because it could be of interest for some of the programers
in here, too.

If hope PovRay is able to work automatically when some scripts run. So
the simulation that will deliver the datas will feed PovRay and PovRay
will generate the pictures. All this will be put online automatically
in the format: video, and/or HTML animated gifs or VRML(?) or or or
... - The view of the virtual eyes in the simulation can be set on the
internet by anybody...

Doesnt all this sound like programer's stuff? :-)

SDL and POV export I dont know, sorry.

--
Sincerely yours

Fred Rathke