POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Anything made perceptible : Re: Anything made perceptible Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anything made perceptible
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 26 Mar 2002 11:58:36
Message: <chrishuff-ACA08D.11591226032002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3ca08f72$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Fred Rathke" <com### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> There is a little project on my mind:
> I would like to write a program that is able to convert any datas to
> something perceptible. Sounds/light/objects to symbols, curves,
> frequenzes of light, or sounds. Any combination shall be set in a
> config file or with a GUI, or HTML-form later.

I'm not sure what you really want...those things are already
perceivable. Or do you want to convert them all into something that can
be perceived with one sense? Like converting vision or touch to sound or
sound to visual imagery? I think this would only make sense in
real-time, maybe you should check out things like OpenGL instead. If you
are simulating an environment, you might be able to do something with
the Crystal Space game engine.

BTW, please don't "top post"...between the end of your post and the
beginning of your signature, there are two other complete messages. When
you are replying, quote only the part you are replying to and write your
reply below it.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/