POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : VectorC + Povray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:25:45 EDT (-0400)
  VectorC + Povray? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Anders Haglund
Subject: VectorC + Povray?
Date: 16 Nov 2000 05:24:40
Message: <3a13b5e8$1@news.povray.org>
Hi!

Has anyone tried to compile Povray with VectorC? (www.codeplay.com)
Would be nice to see if it could speed things up a litle.

/Anders

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: VectorC + Povray?
Date: 17 Nov 2000 19:40:25
Message: <chrishuff-DC8629.19404317112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a13b5e8$1@news.povray.org>, "Anders Haglund"
<sto### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> Has anyone tried to compile Povray with VectorC? (www.codeplay.com)
> Would be nice to see if it could speed things up a litle.

Vector processing features like MMX and 3D-Now only work for integer or
single precision float values. POV-Ray uses mostly double precision
floats, and can not benefit very much from these features.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><

Post a reply to this message