POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : complete animation language Server Time
5 Jul 2024 16:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  complete animation language (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: fidel viegas
Subject: complete animation language
Date: 25 Mar 2003 04:47:22
Message: <3E8023BD.5080107@nodomain.com>
Hi guys, has anyone ever thought of merging povray with a music
description language?
I mean, to have a language that generates movies with sound. We can sync
the sound together with our animation using an SDL (with support for sound).
Is there a language that does this already? That generates 3D animation
with sound from a scene description?

The thing I imagined would be something like this:

sphere {
   0, 1
   translate <12, 0, 0> * clock
   pigment {
     color rgb 1
   }
}

sound {
   wav "background.wav"
   from 0
   to 1
}

It could also have the syntax specific to generate music notes or even
instruments.

maybe something like this

sound {
   note "c"
   from 0
   to 0.5
}

sound {
   note "A"
   from 0.5
   to 1
}

I am missing other info such as tempo, bit rate, and all stuff related
to sound.

I am not very familiar with sound theory. But that is more or less the idea.

I think a good idea would be to create another language with povray
syntax and the extra syntax for the sound. Then create a sort of
compiler for the language that generates povray files for the animation
side and nyquist (a music description language) files for the music side.

Wouldn't that be cool?

All the best

Fidel.

Post a reply to this message