POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Macro for ies-data? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:25:57 EDT (-0400)
  Macro for ies-data? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Lars
Subject: Macro for ies-data?
Date: 6 Aug 2000 05:09:47
Message: <398D2C98.5018@gmx.net>
Hi!

Do you think it is possible to write a macro which uses included
ies-data and creates an object of light-planes out of the data?

I think that povray light sources could represent an ies this
way, or do you think this would be impossible?

BTW, where to find information about writing macros? I know a bit
C / C++, and I used Povray some time ago, now I want to use it
again, but I need ies, so I would like to know if it will be
possible and where to get a good starting point.

Thank you, CU, Lars.

Post a reply to this message

In article <398### [at] gmxnet>, Lars <gro### [at] gmxnet> wrote:

> Do you think it is possible to write a macro which uses included
> ies-data and creates an object of light-planes out of the data?
>
> I think that povray light sources could represent an ies this
> way, or do you think this would be impossible?

Uh, what is ies data? And what do you mean by "light-planes"?

> BTW, where to find information about writing macros? I know a bit
> C / C++, and I used Povray some time ago, now I want to use it
> again, but I need ies, so I would like to know if it will be
> possible and where to get a good starting point.

They are easy to learn...just read the documentation, and look at the
macros which have been created. And if you have a specific problem, ask
on these newsgroups.

BTW, this group is for discussion of programming, this post would have
gone better in povray.advanced-users, povray.newusers, or povray.general.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message