POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Macro for ies-data? : Re: Macro for ies-data? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:27:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macro for ies-data?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 7 Aug 2000 22:08:59
Message: <chrishuff-ACA42E.21095907082000@news.povray.org>
In article <398### [at] gmxnet>, Lars <gro### [at] gmxnet> wrote:

> Do you think it is possible to write a macro which uses included
> ies-data and creates an object of light-planes out of the data?
>
> I think that povray light sources could represent an ies this
> way, or do you think this would be impossible?

Uh, what is ies data? And what do you mean by "light-planes"?

> BTW, where to find information about writing macros? I know a bit
> C / C++, and I used Povray some time ago, now I want to use it
> again, but I need ies, so I would like to know if it will be
> possible and where to get a good starting point.

They are easy to learn...just read the documentation, and look at the
macros which have been created. And if you have a specific problem, ask
on these newsgroups.

BTW, this group is for discussion of programming, this post would have
gone better in povray.advanced-users, povray.newusers, or povray.general.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/