POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Normal perturbation algorithm Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:14:22 EDT (-0400)
  Normal perturbation algorithm (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Mark Wagner
Subject: Re: Normal perturbation algorithm
Date: 9 Jul 2000 01:01:06
Message: <39680712@news.povray.org>
Nathan Kopp wrote in message <396802fd@news.povray.org>...
>As an example, I'm pretty sure that both bumps and dents use the
>bozo pattern when used as pigments, so they will end up looking the same,

When used as a pigment, bumps, dents, and bozo all directly call noise3d, so
they are identical.

Mark

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Huff
Date: 9 Jul 2000 10:01:07
Message: <chrishuff-1CF699.09012509072000@news.povray.org>
In article <39680712@news.povray.org>, "Mark Wagner"
<mar### [at] gtenet> wrote:

> When used as a pigment, bumps, dents, and bozo all directly call
> noise3d, so they are identical.

Not quite...the dents pigment pattern is the result of Noise() cubed.
The patterns which directly call Noise() and do not modify it are bozo,
bumps, and spotted.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message