POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Particles (again...still) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Particles (again...still) (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Matt Savard
Subject: Particles (again...still)
Date: 14 Jun 2000 12:12:55
Message: <3947af07@news.povray.org>
Hello all,

I am attempting to make a primitive particle generator in Visual Basic to
create scenes for POV. My math being a bit rusty, I only have it working in
2-D (x and y) I have all the write equations for making a particle travel in
2-D at a certain angle, but what is the formula for the Z direction? For
example, I know to travel at 30 degrees in 2-d, you take the
speed*Sin(angle_in_radians) for x and speed*Cos(angle_in_radians) for y.
What would Z be?

Any help would be, well, helpful! :)

Matt

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:15:30 -0700, "Matt Savard" <msa### [at] rainorg>
wrote:

>I am attempting to make a primitive particle generator in Visual Basic to
>create scenes for POV. My math being a bit rusty, I only have it working in
>2-D (x and y) I have all the write equations for making a particle travel in
>2-D at a certain angle, but what is the formula for the Z direction? For
>example, I know to travel at 30 degrees in 2-d, you take the
>speed*Sin(angle_in_radians) for x and speed*Cos(angle_in_radians) for y.
>What would Z be?
>
>Any help would be, well, helpful! :)

Just use vector math, it's so much easier.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet