POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV Plug-ins (was Re: pov to moray conversions: possible?) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  POV Plug-ins (was Re: pov to moray conversions: possible?) (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Ian Burgmyer
Subject: POV Plug-ins (was Re: pov to moray conversions: possible?)
Date: 19 Mar 2000 01:56:59
Message: <38d47a3b$1@news.povray.org>
What if full plug-in support was added to POV-Ray?  Then something like this
would probably be possible.

--
This message brought to you by:
-=< Ian (the### [at] hotmailcom >=-

Please visit my site at http://spectere2000.cjb.net! :)

ryan constantine <rco### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> is there a way to convert pov and inc files into moray?  or is there a
> utility that allows one to search through pov and inc files for an
> object and import it into moray?  it seems to me that if moray can go
> from moray to pov, it should be able to go the other way as well.  does
> it?  how?

Post a reply to this message

From: Peter Popov
Date: 19 Mar 2000 05:56:19
Message: <ko=UOEv6av1Fa0MKuimmJTG93LxX@4ax.com>
On Sun, 19 Mar 2000 01:50:28 -0500, "Ian Burgmyer"
<the### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>What if full plug-in support was added to POV-Ray?  Then something like this
>would probably be possible.

You do realise the difficulties with developing a cross-platform
plug-in architecture, don't you? Besides, plug-ins are somewhat
prohibited by POVLEGAL at this stage. They can easily be used to abuse
the hard work of the team.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700