POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV Plug-ins (was Re: pov to moray conversions: possible?) : Re: POV Plug-ins (was Re: pov to moray conversions: possible?) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Plug-ins (was Re: pov to moray conversions: possible?)
From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 22 Mar 2000 00:06:35
Message: <38d854db$1@news.povray.org>
Chris Huff <chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> In article <38d57e11@news.povray.org>, "Ian Burgmyer"
> <the### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
> > I mean something like import/export plugins.
> > Not if someone wanted an export plugin.
>
> We already have an interpreted language, do you want another one?
> Specifically for export plugins?
> How do you want these things to work? Would they be accessed from the
> scene file or the .ini file, or would they be part of the
> platform-specific portion of the program?

That's what I was thinking. . .something platform specific.  For instance,
it would be totally illogical to put Moray support in the Macintosh version.

> > We have that already.  #macro
> >
> > Or did you mean something more interactive, flexible or more complex?
>
> Actually, what I mean is basically macros that can be called with the
> object syntax. So you do MyObject {Position VALUE} instead of
> MakeObject(VALUE). Or ExportToWhatever{OBJECTS}

Yes, that would be very nice.  I constantly mix it up :)

--
This message brought to you by:
-=< Ian (the### [at] hotmailcom >=-

Please visit my site at http://spectere2000.cjb.net! :)