POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Win32 Console POV-Ray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Win32 Console POV-Ray (Message 16 to 25 of 25)
From: Edward Coffey
Subject: Re: Win32 Console POV-Ray
Date: 24 Nov 1999 09:12:35
Message: <383bf253@news.povray.org>
> Not really.  FLD with a 32-bit real operand is 20 clocks, as opposed to
the
> 64-bit version at 25 clocks.  FST is 44 vs. 45 clocks.  FMUL is 27-35
clocks
> for a float, or 32-57 for a double.  FDIV is 89 or 94.  So floats are
faster,
> under ideal conditions, but not by any significant amount.  (This data is
for
> the 386.  Other processors vary, of course.  Intel no longer seems to
publish
> this data, for the obvious reason that pipelining and other optimizations
> make it useless.)

But if you want to look anyway, I think Ralf Brown's Interrupt List
(http://www.pobox.com/~ralf) has the data.

Post a reply to this message

From: Markus Becker
Date: 24 Nov 1999 10:05:23
Message: <383C006F.241745FF@zess.uni-siegen.de>
Marc Schimmler wrote:

> I just wonder when some nongerman will ask you about your sig

I'm hoping for it. We had some good laughs already in our institute....

> <bg>
<veg>

BTW, this is not my courtesy, I found it on the last page of the
"SPIEGEL"
(Hohlspiegel), originally it was a headline in the "Zeit".

Markus
--
Der deutsche Schlager ist aus dem Klofenster gesprungen....

Post a reply to this message