POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Win32 Console POV-Ray : Re: Win32 Console POV-Ray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:37:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win32 Console POV-Ray
From: Markus Becker
Date: 24 Nov 1999 10:07:07
Message: <383C00D6.1073F2E2@zess.uni-siegen.de>
Ron Parker wrote:

> But try getting any information on instruction timings from Intel these
> days.  I checked both the PII and PIII reference manuals and they've dropped
> that sort of information.

You can download the developer pack from Intel (is it still free?) and
especially VTune, which will clear show you how much cycles your machine
instructions take and how the pipelines will be filled.

And you can alway try to time it for yourself.

Markus
--
Der deutsche Schlager ist aus dem Klofenster gesprungen....