POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Texture Coords? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:30:52 EDT (-0400)
  Texture Coords? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Mete Ciragan
Subject: Texture Coords?
Date: 22 Sep 1999 19:06:06
Message: <37E960D2.F08F5CF3@swissquake.ch>
Hi,

I'm working on a Povray exporter for my 3d app.  It currently can export
meshes with smooth triangles, but I want to export texture coordinates
as well.  How is that done in povray?

Any hints?

- Mete

---
met### [at] swissquakech
http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/

Post a reply to this message

From: Nathan Kopp
Subject: Re: Texture Coords?
Date: 22 Sep 1999 23:24:48
Message: <37e99d80@news.povray.org>
Check out UVPov:

http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm

-Nathan

Mete Ciragan <met### [at] swissquakech> wrote
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a Povray exporter for my 3d app.  It currently can export
> meshes with smooth triangles, but I want to export texture coordinates
> as well.  How is that done in povray?
>
> Any hints?
>
> - Mete
>
> ---
> met### [at] swissquakech
> http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/

Post a reply to this message

I think that it's enough to post in just one group.

> I'm working on a Povray exporter for my 3d app.  It currently can export
> meshes with smooth triangles, but I want to export texture coordinates
> as well.  How is that done in povray?
>
> Any hints?
>
> - Mete
>
> ---
> met### [at] swissquakech
> http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/

I don't know if it's the right thing but you can take a look on Chris
Colefax' pages. He relesed a triangle mapping macro which will work with
standard POV.
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/#New

Karl

Post a reply to this message