POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : #Bitwise operations Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:30:52 EDT (-0400)
  #Bitwise operations (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Ken
Subject: #Bitwise operations
Date: 3 Sep 1999 15:34:06
Message: <37D02258.CCBCEFD7@pacbell.net>
What are bitwise operations and why would someone use them in povray ?

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at:

From: Ron Parker
Subject: Re: #Bitwise operations
Date: 3 Sep 1999 15:44:47
Message: <37d0252f@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 03 Sep 1999 12:32:40 -0700, Ken wrote:

>What are bitwise operations and why would someone use them in povray ?

They're operations that perform logical manipulations (and/or/not) on
the individual bits of a number.  I saw one person on cgrr who was using
them to generate patterns that appeared random but were actually not.
In general they're far more useful for programming tasks than for general
mathematical stuff.

Post a reply to this message