POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Isosurface-to-mesh Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface-to-mesh (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: Nieminen Mika
Subject: Re: Isosurface-to-mesh
Date: 23 Jul 1999 02:18:38
Message: <3798093e@news.povray.org>
Nathan Kopp <Nat### [at] koppcom> wrote:
: Not to start a huge discussion.... but as a programmer I find software
: patents so annoying.  I have this sinking feeling that in the future
: whenever I try to do something, all of my tools to complete the task
: will be unavailable because somebody patented them.

  Here in Finland you can't patent algorithms or methods. You can only
patent real devices and such which have not been published before.