POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV 4 Design Musings Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:27:57 EDT (-0400)
  POV 4 Design Musings (Message 7 to 16 of 16)
From: Alessandro Coppo
Subject: Re: Wish List
Date: 20 Apr 1999 18:21:29
Message: <371cefd9.0@news.povray.org>
I think a sanctioned, Leveller-like plug-in architecture would be great.
Instead of having to mix and much unofficial patches, you would just have to
register a plug-in and call it in a standardized way from POv-Ray scripts.
By the way, I have started playing with Linux (besides Win32) and I saw that
also in Linux you have DLLs (even if they are called differently). So,
Windows has DLLs, Linux has DLLs, I presume that other UNIX flavours have
something like DLLs, Macs have the equivalent, VMS has shared libraries....
I think every target of POV-Ray has the system support for DLLs, so PLEASE:
dynamically loaded plug-ins!!!!

Alessandro Coppo
a.c### [at] iolit
www.geocieties.com/SiliconValley/Way/8111

Disnel wrote in message <371C9AE6.D6AF1D34@linux.itam.cas.cz>...
>Some plug-in architecture like GIMP has.
>Its simple and portable.
>
>Disnel

Post a reply to this message