POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV 4 Design Musings : Re: Wish List Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wish List
From: Alessandro Coppo
Date: 20 Apr 1999 18:21:29
Message: <371cefd9.0@news.povray.org>
I think a sanctioned, Leveller-like plug-in architecture would be great.
Instead of having to mix and much unofficial patches, you would just have to
register a plug-in and call it in a standardized way from POv-Ray scripts.
By the way, I have started playing with Linux (besides Win32) and I saw that
also in Linux you have DLLs (even if they are called differently). So,
Windows has DLLs, Linux has DLLs, I presume that other UNIX flavours have
something like DLLs, Macs have the equivalent, VMS has shared libraries....
I think every target of POV-Ray has the system support for DLLs, so PLEASE:
dynamically loaded plug-ins!!!!

Alessandro Coppo
a.c### [at] iolit
www.geocieties.com/SiliconValley/Way/8111