POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Progress on cloth... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:32:27 EDT (-0400)
  Progress on cloth... (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Anthony Bennett
Subject: Progress on cloth...
Date: 10 Apr 1999 00:22:03
Message: <370E6EE0.4FF4A078@panama.phoenix.net>
I did some research and began writing a cloth generating program that
will output to POV includes, ready to pass to CleanPOV. I still have a
lot of work to do, mainly in the collision-detection department, but I
have that covered, I just have to convert physical blah-blah-blah to C.
Today, I finally got it to compile, thanks to the kind people at
comp.graphics.algorithms. Since it can finally compile, I'm 50% done.
Don't expect this very soon, though, since I'm only a beginner
programmer (constantly refering to my tutorial docs). =)

Oh, yeah. The good thing is that this cloth is different from my friend
Hugo Elias's cloth. His is crappy. This one is near-perfect. It behaves
like cloth and not like rubber, at 0 extra expense in computing time. As
an example, to provide equal stiffness HE's cloth takes 9 mins of
calculations, while this one takes 1 min, and looks more realistic. But,
I don't want to ruin the surprise. Just wait. It'll be here someday.

If anyone wants to make suggestions as to what variables they would like
to control, please write here. I plan on allowing the user to specify
the I and J size of the cloth, smooth or non-smooth triangles, and what
object to collide with (sphere, torus, cylinder, box, and perhaps even a
combination of 2 objects these).

Post a reply to this message

Sounds too cool to imagine. Wow, and object interaction huh? Mentioning
2 objects leans toward CSG doesn't it?
Sorry for the unbridled enthusiasm.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe

I forgive you. At least one person has answered. I guess people don't come by
here much.

Post a reply to this message