POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Progress on cloth... : Re: Progress on cloth... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:26:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Progress on cloth...
From: Ken
Date: 10 Apr 1999 22:15:00
Message: <370FF619.13E8E8C0@pacbell.net>
Anthony Bennett wrote:

> > 2 objects leans toward CSG doesn't it?
>
> Union is all I'm proposing... =)
>
> > Sorry for the unbridled enthusiasm.
>
> I forgive you. At least one person has answered. I guess people don't come by
> here much.

  It's easier to get enthusiastic about something that IS instead
of something Might or Will be. There have been so many announcements
of up and coming wonder utilities that we get kind of numbed by
it.  Of those that do get released a majority are marked as a "beta"
program ( meaning limited funcionality for now but I'll fix it in the
next release ) and the promises of improvement never materialize for
whatever reasons.
  Midnight modeller is a good example of one that was going to be a
premier modeller for pov and simply disappered from the face of the
earth. After it's first crippled beta release of 4.0 for windows no
one has seen or heard the author and the earlier versions now go
unsupported. I think one of the main reasons that Moray is as popular
as it is today is due to the determination and hard work that Lutz
put into it and the fact the he activly maintains his software.
If this were not so it would be another average modeller with features
that are out of date and incompatible with Pov. Many reach a couple of
revision levels then the author gets board and moves on to something
else.
  When you have an executable to work with let me know and I will get
excited than. In the mean time thank you for working on such an
ambitious project and I really hope you do make it to the public
release stage with a fully functional utility that extends the power
and features of Pov.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net