POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : lathe question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:33:40 EDT (-0400)
  lathe question (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Mark Palmquist
Subject: lathe question
Date: 21 Feb 1999 04:25:59
Message: <36CFD2C8.225FE121@earthlink.net>
I am working on a model of a .223 Caliber bullet, when I use 1 povunit =
1 inch I get a weird 'squatty' bullet.  If I scale by <1,2,1> it looks
'right' why would I not get a correctly porpotioned image without
scaling it?  the image source below will generate 2 objects, left is
using actual measurements the right is scaled.

Source code:

#version 3.1
#include "metals.inc"
global_settings
{
  assumed_gamma 1.0
}

// ----------------------------------------
camera
{
  location  <0.0, 1, -9>
  direction 1.0*z
  right     4/3*x
  look_at   <0.0, 1, 0.0>
}

light_source
{
  <-30, 30, -30>
  color red 1.0  green 1.0  blue 1.0
}

#declare A223Round =
union{
  union{
    difference {
      cylinder { .001*y, .260*y .363}
      cylinder { 0*y, .260*y .169}
    }
    lathe {
      linear_spline  10,
      <.373, 0>, <.373, .041>, <.325, .042>, <.327,.060>, <.372,.11>,
<.349, 1.436>, <.248,1.58>, <.248,1.76>, <.247, 1.76>, <.247, 1.58>
    }
    texture{T_Brass_4B}
  }
  lathe {
    linear_spline  7,
    <.222, 0>, <.222, .263>, <.223, .264>, <.17,.40>, <.06,.61>, <.02,
    texture{T_Copper_2B}
    translate <0,1.65,0>
  }
}

object {A223Round translate <-1,0,0>}
object {A223Round translate <1,0,0> scale <1,2,1>}

Post a reply to this message