POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : lathe question : Re: lathe question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lathe question
From: Ken
Date: 21 Feb 1999 08:46:25
Message: <36D00DBC.E705B34D@pacbell.net>
Mark Palmquist wrote:

> I am working on a model of a .223 Caliber bullet, when I use 1 povunit =
> 1 inch I get a weird 'squatty' bullet.  If I scale by <1,2,1> it looks
> 'right' why would I not get a correctly porpotioned image without
> scaling it?  the image source below will generate 2 objects, left is
> using actual measurements the right is scaled.

 A look at the results and then a look at the lathe objects revealed
your scaling problem. The aspect ratio you choose for width vs. height
was off a factor 2:1. I basicaly increased the numbers in the right column
by twice their value for added height and adjusted the translation of the
projectile and it came a lot closer to what it should look like. This
was all quick shot in the dark changes and you will need to correct
a couple of niggly little steps I left in the code below before it will
look good.

 Sorry about the non indented script. I Can Not read a lathe or any other type
of multi point object withouth having it in columns. It adds clarity
to my perseption.

  lathe {
  linear_spline
  10,