POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : splash! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:29:08 EDT (-0400)
  splash! (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Remco de Korte
Subject: splash!
Date: 23 Jan 1999 17:07:32
Message: <36AA47BF.727EA2B8@xs4all.nl>
I'm new to the combination programming/POVray so this may be a stupid question.
I'm trying to make a simple program that uses POVray for some small testrenders.
Everything works fine in that I get POV to render the file using the
commandline. I'd like to keep the rendering on the background and that also
works except for the splash-screen. Is there a way to avoid the splash to appear
with every render?
I'm using Delphi, not hacking any POV-code and I wouldn't want to make it too
complicated.

Thanks for any information.

Regards,

Remco

Post a reply to this message

You could use the DOS version in a hidden window (it doesn't have a
splashscreen, does it?)....
Or instead of restarting POV (where you will get the splash-screen each
time), use the existing GUI extension hooks and simply send new render
commands to the already running instance of POV (like for example Moray
does). This way you get the splash screen only with the first render.

Johannes.

Remco de Korte wrote in message <36AA47BF.727EA2B8@xs4all.nl>...
>I'm new to the combination programming/POVray so this may be a stupid
question.
>I'm trying to make a simple program that uses POVray for some small
testrenders.
>Everything works fine in that I get POV to render the file using the
>commandline. I'd like to keep the rendering on the background and that also
>works except for the splash-screen. Is there a way to avoid the splash to
appear
>with every render?
>I'm using Delphi, not hacking any POV-code and I wouldn't want to make it
too
>complicated.
>
>Thanks for any information.
>
>Regards,
>
>Remco

Post a reply to this message

> You could use the DOS version in a hidden window (it doesn't have a
> splashscreen, does it?)....
> Or instead of restarting POV (where you will get the splash-screen each
> time), use the existing GUI extension hooks and simply send new render
> commands to the already running instance of POV (like for example Moray
> does). This way you get the splash screen only with the first render.
>
> Johannes.

Okay, I get that, but "GUI extension hooks" is nothing more then a couple of
words to me. As I said I'm totally new to this so I have no idea where to start.
Still, isn't it at all possible to start POV, with a commandlineswitch or
something, without the splashscreen?

The DOS-option is a good one too, come to think of it...

Thanks,

Remco