POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : splash! : Re: splash! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:31:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: splash!
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 24 Jan 1999 10:52:32
Message: <36AB41C6.BA242685@xs4all.nl>
Johannes Hubert wrote:

> Well...
> You could use the DOS version in a hidden window (it doesn't have a
> splashscreen, does it?)....
> Or instead of restarting POV (where you will get the splash-screen each
> time), use the existing GUI extension hooks and simply send new render
> commands to the already running instance of POV (like for example Moray
> does). This way you get the splash screen only with the first render.
>
> Johannes.

Okay, I get that, but "GUI extension hooks" is nothing more then a couple of
words to me. As I said I'm totally new to this so I have no idea where to start.
Still, isn't it at all possible to start POV, with a commandlineswitch or
something, without the splashscreen?

The DOS-option is a good one too, come to think of it...

Thanks,

Remco