POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Frosted Glass Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:12:49 EDT (-0400)
  Frosted Glass (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: J
Subject: Frosted Glass
Date: 21 Jul 1998 17:27:36
Message: <35b4f959.3340295@news.povray.org>
OK, I know it's been gone over before, but I can't find it anywhere...
Can anyone help me out in making a windowpane of frosted glass, so it lets the
lights outside through, but you can't see through it?

Thanks

>OK, I know it's been gone over before, but I can't find it anywhere...
>Can anyone help me out in making a windowpane of frosted glass, so it lets
the
>lights outside through, but you can't see through it?

Well, one way I've done this is with two boxes (polygons, planes... whatever
you desire) in the same place. One's got a filter value to dim the light a
bit, the other is opaque and has  no_shadow enabled. This way, the light
gets through but you can't see outside. In case it's too dark, just bump up
the ambient value.

Hope that helps,
Ade

Post a reply to this message