POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : No POVing (again) Server Time
27 Nov 2022 03:56:26 EST (-0500)
  No POVing (again) (Message 1 to 8 of 8)  
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: No POVing (again)
Date: 21 Nov 2019 10:25:01
Message: <web.5dd6ab07c828648393ab27150@news.povray.org>
I left my computer on a boat.  They're still looking for it.

I had bought a travel Chromebook, but it disappeared sometime during home
renovations.  Hence, I traveled with my laptop.  And I'm a scatterbrain.

If the computer doesn't turn up by the middle of December, I will have to buy a
new computer.  (And also change all my passwords; I don't know how easy or hard
it is to hack Firefox's password list.)  In the meantime, my funds are low.

It's been more than 6 years since I had to restore a whole computer from backup.
 I hope I remember how.


Post a reply to this message

From: jr
Subject: Re: No POVing (again)
Date: 21 Nov 2019 10:55:01
Message: <web.5dd6b2eba19c08dfeeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> I left my computer on a boat.  They're still looking for it.
>
> I had bought a travel Chromebook, but it disappeared sometime during home
> renovations.  Hence, I traveled with my laptop.  And I'm a scatterbrain.
>
> If the computer doesn't turn up by the middle of December, I will have to buy a
> new computer.

ouch.  commiserations.  and fingers crossed it'll be handed in.

> (And also change all my passwords; I don't know how easy or hard
> it is to hack Firefox's password list.)  In the meantime, my funds are low.
>
> It's been more than 6 years since I had to restore a whole computer from backup.
>  I hope I remember how.


regards, jr.


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: No POVing (again)
Date: 22 Nov 2019 02:35:26
Message: <5dd78fbe$1@news.povray.org>
Op 21/11/2019 om 16:19 schreef Cousin Ricky:
> I left my computer on a boat.  They're still looking for it.
> 
> I had bought a travel Chromebook, but it disappeared sometime during home
> renovations.  Hence, I traveled with my laptop.  And I'm a scatterbrain.
> 
> If the computer doesn't turn up by the middle of December, I will have to buy a
> new computer.  (And also change all my passwords; I don't know how easy or hard
> it is to hack Firefox's password list.)  In the meantime, my funds are low.
> 
> It's been more than 6 years since I had to restore a whole computer from backup.
>   I hope I remember how.
> 
> 

Ouch! You have indeed my sympathy. Sounds like something that could have 
happened to me in the past epoch of travels...

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: No POVing (again)
Date: 30 Nov 2019 22:35:00
Message: <web.5de33404a19c08d60e0cc3d0@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> I left my computer on a boat.  They're still looking for it.

The computer has been found and returned, but in the meantime, I had POV
withdrawal something fierce.  I saw POVable stuff everywhere I looked!

POV withdrawal periods:
  2011 June: hard disk failure
  2013 February: hard disk failure
  2017 June: cooling fan failure
  2017 September - October: two (2) category 5 hurricanes
  2019 November: left computer on a boat

This can't be good for the metabolism.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'rsocp2019.jpg' (113 KB)

Preview of image 'rsocp2019.jpg'
rsocp2019.jpg


 

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: No POVing (again)
Date: 1 Dec 2019 02:31:40
Message: <5de36c5c$1@news.povray.org>
Op 01/12/2019 om 04:31 schreef Cousin Ricky:
> "Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
>> I left my computer on a boat.  They're still looking for it.
> 
> The computer has been found and returned, but in the meantime, I had POV
> withdrawal something fierce.  I saw POVable stuff everywhere I looked!
> 
> POV withdrawal periods:
>    2011 June: hard disk failure
>    2013 February: hard disk failure
>    2017 June: cooling fan failure
>    2017 September - October: two (2) category 5 hurricanes
>    2019 November: left computer on a boat
> 
> This can't be good for the metabolism.
> 

Glad you got it back! However, your heart's condition may be at risk 
indeed. ;-)

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: No POVing (again)
Date: 1 Dec 2019 08:10:00
Message: <web.5de3bb1da19c08d4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:

> The computer has been found and returned, but in the meantime, I had POV
> withdrawal something fierce.  I saw POVable stuff everywhere I looked!

{WHEW!}
Good thing.  :)

I'd say that this is an auspicious moment to clone that hard drive.

Glad you got it back.


Post a reply to this message

From: Melody
Subject: Re: No POVing (again)
Date: 1 Dec 2019 18:25:00
Message: <web.5de44abda19c08d9da690110@news.povray.org>
"Bald Eagle" <cre### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> "Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
>
> > The computer has been found and returned, but in the meantime, I had POV
> > withdrawal something fierce.  I saw POVable stuff everywhere I looked!
>
> {WHEW!}
> Good thing.  :)
>
> I'd say that this is an auspicious moment to clone that hard drive.
>
> Glad you got it back.

Nobody knows the trouble I've seen ....
thats nothing, just remember, one day, it all goes bye bye.
the shadow of the ax hangs over every detail, til one day,
its why all over again, why did I do this... again.
born in trauma and die in trauma,
take nothing with you.
its just you. and nothing else matters.

the Temporary Club and everyone is a member for life.


Post a reply to this message

From: jr
Subject: Re: No POVing (again)
Date: 2 Dec 2019 12:20:01
Message: <web.5de54784a19c08dfeeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> "Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> > I left my computer on a boat.  They're still looking for it.
>
> The computer has been found and returned,

great news.

> but in the meantime, I had POV
> withdrawal something fierce.  I saw POVable stuff everywhere I looked!
>
> POV withdrawal periods:
>   2011 June: hard disk failure
>   2013 February: hard disk failure
>   2017 June: cooling fan failure
>   2017 September - October: two (2) category 5 hurricanes
>   2019 November: left computer on a boat
>
> This can't be good for the metabolism.

:-)


regards, jr.


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2021 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.