POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : musical notation font Server Time
22 Jun 2024 06:55:41 EDT (-0400)
  musical notation font (Message 10 to 19 of 39)
<<< Previous 9 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: jr
Subject: Re: musical notation font
Date: 17 Jun 2018 08:45:00
Message: <web.5b2656a69973151b635cc5ad0@news.povray.org>
hi,

Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 16/06/2018 15:25, dick balaska wrote:
> > Too much acid
> That's a problem that a lot of old-timers have. ;-)
> But as long as it's not Acid jazz or even worse Acid techno...

....which is the perfect background for when doing the cooking, or washing up,
IMNSHO.  the soundscapes leave plenty room for thinking.  ;-)  try
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63R28s52Mr8

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

From: jr
Date: 17 Jun 2018 08:50:01
Message: <web.5b2657e39973151b635cc5ad0@news.povray.org>
hi,

dick balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
> On 06/16/2018 08:00 PM, jr wrote:
> > re qtpovray
> 99% of the forks of povray are called povray.
> https://github.com/dickbalaska/povray/network/members
> It didn't occur to me to rename it.
> Couldn't you make /opt/trees/qtpovray/povray ?

oh sure, and no harm done (I used /tmp for the occasion :-)).  it is just me
trying to avoid situations where it is easy to shoot myself in the foot.  does
make me wonder about the 99% though..  ;-)

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

>> On 16/06/2018 15:25, dick balaska wrote:
>>> Too much acid
>> That's a problem that a lot of old-timers have. ;-)
>> But as long as it's not Acid jazz or even worse Acid techno...
>
> ....which is the perfect background for when doing the cooking, or washing up,
> IMNSHO.  the soundscapes leave plenty room for thinking.  ;-)  try
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63R28s52Mr8

In that case forget the dinner party. :-P

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> On 16/06/2018 15:25, dick balaska wrote:
>>> Too much acid
>> That's a problem that a lot of old-timers have. ;-)
>> But as long as it's not Acid jazz or even worse Acid techno...
>
> ....which is the perfect background for when doing the cooking, or washing up,
> IMNSHO.  the soundscapes leave plenty room for thinking.  ;-)  try
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63R28s52Mr8

Doesn't the Geneva convention forbid such music?

Give me 10 minutes of such a "soundscape", and I'll solve the washing-up
problem by throwing dishes at the speakers.

Post a reply to this message

>>> That's a problem that a lot of old-timers have. ;-)
>>> But as long as it's not Acid jazz or even worse Acid techno...
>>
>> ....which is the perfect background for when doing the cooking, or washing up,
>> IMNSHO.  the soundscapes leave plenty room for thinking.  ;-)  try
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63R28s52Mr8
>
> Doesn't the Geneva convention forbid such music?

If it doesn't it should.

> Give me 10 minutes of such a "soundscape", and I'll solve the washing-up
> problem by throwing dishes at the speakers.

Man! you're tough. 10 whole minutes?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> >> But as long as it's not Acid jazz or even worse Acid techno...
> > ....which is the perfect background for when doing the cooking, or washing up,
> > IMNSHO.  the soundscapes leave plenty room for thinking.  ;-)  try
> Doesn't the Geneva convention forbid such music?

only if shackled or otherwise constrained from physical movement.  :-)

put index + middle finger of one hand on the wrist of the other.  do you feel a
pulse?!  ;-)

> Give me 10 minutes of such a "soundscape", and I'll solve the washing-up
> problem by throwing dishes at the speakers.

</grin>

(addressing Stephen here, too)

in this video, from last evening, scenes like ca 19 minutes in show that it is
possible to enjoy "soundscapes", for some.  ;-)  admitted, the crowd is not as
as large as, say, when the Rolling Stones play -- all 370 years of them.  :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLNvxYyPvpc

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message