POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Moon computer Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:40:13 EDT (-0400)
  Moon computer (Message 1 to 10 of 28)
From: Nekar Xenos
Subject: Moon computer
Date: 16 Feb 2016 13:05:01
Message: <web.56c36400e65ae87f91bb833e0@news.povray.org>
Would it be possible in the future to turn the Moon into a supercomputer?
I am thinking along the lines on sending self replicating nanobots to the Moon
that start replication when on the moon and combining to form a supercomputer.
Apparently there is a lot of iron and silicon in the Moon's composition. Maybe a
theme for a science fiction novel...

-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

On 16/02/2016 06:01 PM, Nekar Xenos wrote:
> Would it be possible in the future to turn the Moon into a supercomputer?
> I am thinking along the lines on sending self replicating nanobots to the Moon
> that start replication when on the moon and combining to form a supercomputer.
> Apparently there is a lot of iron and silicon in the Moon's composition. Maybe a
> theme for a science fiction novel...

You're going to need a power source for that.

Post a reply to this message