POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Moon computer : Re: Moon computer Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:41:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moon computer
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 16 Feb 2016 23:25:00
Message: <web.56c3f5389b3ec78056fb59b0@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:

> Le 16/02/2016 19:12, Orchid Win7 v1 a écrit :
> > On 16/02/2016 06:01 PM, Nekar Xenos wrote:
> >> Would it be possible in the future to turn the Moon into a
> >> supercomputer? I am thinking along the lines on sending self
> >> replicating nanobots to the Moon that start replication when on
> >> the moon and combining to form a supercomputer. Apparently there
> >> is a lot of iron and silicon in the Moon's composition. Maybe a
> >> theme for a science fiction novel...
> >
> > You're going to need a power source for that.
> >
> what is a 24/7 sun ? (excepted for a few eclipse once every few
> months; only the ones due to the earth hiding the sun)
>
> no atmosphere to diffuse the light, every spot get light along the 28
> days.

Someone is not used to the idea of a sun ;->

I am also considering taking it underground and using some form of geothermal
energy. Obviously it would need to use a lot of energy for cooling as well.

The idea would be to have it totally invisible from outside, everything should
be underground. Also, craters could be used as giant satelite dishes to
communicate with earth.