POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Moon computer : Re: Moon computer Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:41:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moon computer
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 17 Feb 2016 03:46:24
Message: <56c43360$1@news.povray.org>
Le 17/02/2016 09:24, Thomas de Groot a écrit :

>> I am also considering taking it underground and using some form of
>> geothermal
>> energy. Obviously it would need to use a lot of energy for cooling as
>> well.
>
> Not much geothermal (selenothermal might be a more appropriate term)
> energy present I am afraid. Contrary to Earth, the Moon does not have a
> hot mantle and only a small core, partly molten.

If you could harvest the momentum between moon and earth (moon is
getting further away from earth as time goes on, meaning "moon is
acquiring more orbital speed"... hence energy), you could have some
energy for your nanobots and make the moon stays longer with the earth.

We all need a bigger moon... with more influence on the sea levels.