POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I should not have looked it up. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:32:08 EDT (-0400)
  I should not have looked it up. (Message 71 to 80 of 82)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 2 Messages >>>
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: I should not have looked it up.
Date: 7 Aug 2012 16:37:30
Message: <50217c8a$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 19:37:14 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 07/08/2012 6:10 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> (Or are you making a joke?)
>
> Sounds like a joke to me. A dig at a certain Arizonan lawman.

That was kinda my second thought, though I didn't know that Sheriff Joe
was that well known outside the US (other than my cousin who lived in
Iceland and couldn't be extradited because Sheriff Joe's "chain gangs"
were deemed to violate the Geneva Convention - long story).

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On 07/08/2012 9:37 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> That was kinda my second thought, though I didn't know that Sheriff Joe
> was that well known outside the US (other than my cousin who lived in
> Iceland and couldn't be extradited because Sheriff Joe's "chain gangs"
> were deemed to violate the Geneva Convention - long story).

He has been reported on by the BBC for eons. Making chain gangs wear
pink uniforms. Tosspot!

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 21:42:41 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 07/08/2012 9:37 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> That was kinda my second thought, though I didn't know that Sheriff Joe
>> was that well known outside the US (other than my cousin who lived in
>> Iceland and couldn't be extradited because Sheriff Joe's "chain gangs"
>> were deemed to violate the Geneva Convention - long story).
>
> He has been reported on by the BBC for eons. Making chain gangs wear
> pink uniforms. Tosspot!

That's quite interesting, I didn't know the beeb had picked up on it for
such a long time.

Fortunately, he's on the wrong end of a lawsuit now, and hopefully he'll
be convicted.

Jim

Post a reply to this message