POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : "If you didn't pay for it, you're being sold." Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  "If you didn't pay for it, you're being sold." (Message 1 to 10 of 80)
From: gregjohn
Subject: "If you didn't pay for it, you're being sold."
Date: 2 Oct 2011 16:55:01
Message: <web.4e88cf4a462a6378ce9345340@news.povray.org>
As a maxim, this is perfectly appropriate cynicism for something like Facebook.
It's probably even appropriate for things like Windows, where you might pay cash
and your frustrations with the product merely demonstrate that you yourself are
the product, not the customer.

Even on the worst day, with your most cynical hat on, this doesn't apply to
povray,  which is very cool.

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 16:53:30 -0400, gregjohn wrote:

> As a maxim, this is perfectly appropriate cynicism for something like
> Facebook. It's probably even appropriate for things like Windows, where
> you might pay cash and your frustrations with the product merely
> demonstrate that you yourself are the product, not the customer.
>
> Even on the worst day, with your most cynical hat on, this doesn't apply
> to povray,  which is very cool.

That also doesn't particularly apply to open source software as well. :)

Jim

Post a reply to this message