POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Still going (slow) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  Still going (slow) (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Chambers
Subject: Still going (slow)
Date: 19 Jun 2011 05:05:00
Message: <web.4dfdba928eb44130f3c9d8950@news.povray.org>
Btw, I haven't stopped in for a while, but it's good to see so many familiar
names :)

Phenom II x4 running @2.6gHz

A few isosurfaces, some reflection / transparency, emitting media and
radiosity...

40pps :(

Of course, when I started using POV I got 3-4pps on a scene with just a few
spheres ;)

(I realize this post is dangerously close to being off-off-topic, but it's more
a general observation than a question or anything).

Post a reply to this message

The biggest (to me) unexpected slow-down was when I had something casting
shadows that had a much-too-large bounding box, so every pixel was testing
every light source for every shadow.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like