POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Word question : scale a text with different fonts and font sizes Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  A Word question : scale a text with different fonts and font sizes (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Thibaut Jonckheere
Subject: A Word question : scale a text with different fonts and font sizes
Date: 11 Apr 2008 11:03:50
Message: <47ff7dd6$1@news.povray.org>
A question for the Word experts...

I want to paste the text of a web page inside a Word document, and then
to scale the size of the whole text. The difficulty is that the text
contains different fonts, with different sizes (and I need to keep those
different fonts and size for readability). If I select the whole text, I
cannot change the size of the fonts (because it is a mix). Is there a
way to scale all the fonts size down (without selecting individually
each font, which would be tedious)?   It sounds easy, it is maybe
stupid, but I have not found a way so far.

Thanks for any help,

Thibaut

Post a reply to this message

And lo on Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:03:50 +0100, Thibaut Jonckheere
<tua### [at] MAPSONyahoofr> did spake, saying:

> A question for the Word experts...
>
> I want to paste the text of a web page inside a Word document, and then
> to scale the size of the whole text. The difficulty is that the text
> contains different fonts, with different sizes (and I need to keep those
> different fonts and size for readability). If I select the whole text, I
> cannot change the size of the fonts (because it is a mix). Is there a
> way to scale all the fonts size down (without selecting individually
> each font, which would be tedious)?   It sounds easy, it is maybe
> stupid, but I have not found a way so far.

Select all the text you want to scale. Hold down the Ctrl+Shift keys and
use the < > to scale down or up respectively.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

> And lo on Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:03:50 +0100, Thibaut Jonckheere
> <tua### [at] MAPSONyahoofr> did spake, saying:
>
>> A question for the Word experts...
>>
>> I want to paste the text of a web page inside a Word document, and
>> then to scale the size of the whole text. The difficulty is that the
>> text contains different fonts, with different sizes (and I need to
>> keep those different fonts and size for readability). If I select the
>> whole text, I cannot change the size of the fonts (because it is a
>> mix). Is there a way to scale all the fonts size down (without
>> selecting individually each font, which would be tedious)?   It sounds
>> easy, it is maybe stupid, but I have not found a way so far.
>
> Select all the text you want to scale. Hold down the Ctrl+Shift keys and
> use the < > to scale down or up respectively.
>
> --Phil Cook

	Thanks a lot !

For some reason I do not understand, it works only to scale down (and
not to scale up), but this is what I need now, so I am not going to
investigate too much :-) .

Thibaut

Post a reply to this message

> For some reason I do not understand, it works only to scale down (and
> not to scale up), but this is what I need now, so I am not going to
> investigate too much :-) .

Well, I did investigate a little bit though. By looking at the list of
all keyboards commands, I can see that the 'scale down font' is defined
on my system (CTRL+SHIFT+<), but not the 'scale up'.

Thibaut

Post a reply to this message

And lo on Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:32:09 +0100, Thibaut Jonckheere
<tua### [at] MAPSONyahoofr> did spake, saying:

>> And lo on Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:03:50 +0100, Thibaut Jonckheere
>> <tua### [at] MAPSONyahoofr> did spake, saying:
>>
>>> A question for the Word experts...
>>>
>>> I want to paste the text of a web page inside a Word document, and
>>> then to scale the size of the whole text.
>>
>>  Select all the text you want to scale. Hold down the Ctrl+Shift keys
>> and use the < > to scale down or up respectively.
>
> 	Thanks a lot !

De nada if it's something you use a lot and can't recall the shortcut then
there are two commands you can add to the toolbar called Shrink Font and
Grow Font.

> For some reason I do not understand, it works only to scale down (and
> not to scale up), but this is what I need now, so I am not going to
> investigate too much :-) .

Odd, but at least it's scaling the right way for you :-)

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com