POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Firefox Skin? Server Time
9 Jun 2024 09:44:29 EDT (-0400)
  Firefox Skin? (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Firefox Skin?
Date: 18 Nov 2017 14:34:39
Message: <5a108b4f$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 18 Nov 2017 13:43:00 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 18/11/2017 10:56, clipka wrote:
>> The development cycle of the Mozilla software (Firefox and T'bird) has
>> been bothering me for a while already. Something's wrong if a
>> software's version number keeps jumping from N.0 to (N+1).0 every month
>> or two.
>
> What happened to the idea that stability was a virtue?

They changed what their version numbers mean some time ago.  I forget
why, though.

Jim

From: architype
Date: 21 Nov 2017 00:45:01
Message: <web.5a13bcaa2c10da756c8c1bc90@news.povray.org>
> Did Firefox just update the default skin?
>
> Not a fan. I like my menu bars in classic light grey.

Yeah its very annoying, I thought so too. /A

Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Date: 22 Nov 2017 18:20:00
Message: <web.5a16052c2c10da755cafe28e0@news.povray.org>

> Oh? Well, as long as uBlockOrigin and Ghostery still work (they seem to)
> I am not too concerned. Still, I do not really like those big overhauls.

Thanks for the implied endorsements  :)

In today's world, perhaps someone ought to start a thread which briefly lays out
some of the more useful tools for browsers.

I found reference to these on minds.com :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NoScript

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/umatrix/reviews/956919/

Post a reply to this message